donderdag 25 augustus 2011

Time is short

“Time is short,”
said Rabbi Klein, an Orthodox Rabbi.

The Messiah is coming soon. Yes, both Messiah ben Yoseph (son of Joseph) and Messiah ben David (son of David) have to come before the Temple in Jerusalem is rebuilt and the battle of Gog and Magog occurs,” Rabbi Klein said enthusiastically to the 10 people at the dining room table. “And then there will be judgment day,” he concluded.

For the past two months, I have been attending two different Orthodox synagogues. One synagogue has about 250 members and the other, 300 members. God has given me favor in these Orthodox synagogues as everyone is very accepting of me, and they allow me to be open about my faith in Yeshua. I love being with Orthodox Jews as they are people who are usually very sensitive to God, and they love and honor HaShem (God) and His Word!


Therefore I continue to attend these synagogues on Shabbat and during the week, as I am able to be myself and talk freely about Yeshua, as well as give testimony of the Ruach (Holy Spirit) in my life.

Each Shabbat I end up speaking to about 5-10 different people about the Messianic prophecies, and everyone is intrigued by my faith and willing to speak to me as I continue to visit their synagogues and homes.

Rabbi Klein has had me over to his home every Shabbat for lunch, and this week he invited another five people from his synagogue. Along with his family there were 10 of us at the table. They are all religious Jews. After the meal we discussed Scripture for the next 5 hours! I didn’t leave until 8:30 pm. One of the topics was Messiah ben Yosef!

As I was sitting next to the Rabbi, I turned to him and said: “Doesn’t it make complete sense that Yeshua was Messiah ben Yoseph? We know that his earthly father who adopted him was Joseph, and of course Yeshua will be coming again as Messiah ben David as his lineage proves that he is also a descendant from the house of King David.”

It's amazing that the Jewish Scriptures don't even talk about a Messiah ben Yoseph. However the rabbis write in the Talmud (Oral Law), in Succah 52a, that there will be a Messiah ben Yoseph. “Who else could this be other than Yeshua?” I asked. It must be the Spirit of God that put this into the hearts of the sages who wrote this in the Talmud.




Of course there was dead silence, and no answer was given.

Rabbi Klein is a very wise man, and one thing that he is completely right about is that Time is Short! He will tell you that we are living in very prophetic times.

Rabbi Klein said: “Zev, I believe that we are in the end-times and that both Messiah ben Yosef and Messiah ben David will be coming soon . . . and then the Day of Judgment.”

I’m sure that you are familiar with the scripture in Matthew 23 that says Yeshua (Jesus) will not return until the people of Israel say “Baruch Haba B’Shem Adonai,” which in English means “Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord.”